Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Laurel blouse - progress

So...here I was, all ready to start sewing my blouse, thinking about how to do the french seams, and then...hubby fell asleep...hmmmm....I couldn't just take the sewing machine and make a lot of noise...what a bummer...

And I said to my self: "what to do in complete silence so I won't wake hubby up???". And it hit me: bias binding!!! So I took my fabric out, found the tutorial on how to do continuous bias binding and got to work on it.

I have some nice blue fabric with gold shimmer, but I don't really like it....but I like the wrong side of it. Here are some pics.



And you've already seen the pattern pieces all ready for sewing.


So, after 3 something hours and 1.5 meters of bias binding done I realised that it was to thick and therefore not suited for my chiffon blouse... Well that's one evening's work wasted...


Well, it's not that bad...I'll save it for another project...
At least I did some progress yesterday evening: traced the pattern for the blouse on another paper for safe keeping and made some progress on modifying the pattern for the "Laurel fall" category...so I think we can skip today's fail...

Well, that's all for today.
Until next time, 
Love and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...